Start-a-town! Official Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:32:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New demo out! Download now!

Home Help Search Gallery Blog Facebook Twitter Staff List Login Register  

Help bug

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help bug  (Read 287 times)
Kurt_Woloch

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2010, 10:30:35 am »

Hmmm... seems like this is the first bug report in this forum. Is this project even alive anymore? Anyway...

I downloaded and installed the alpha version. Then I tried to chop down the trees, or to harvest them, but didn't make either of that.

Then I went to build a house. OK, the blueprint appears, and there are those little help windows explaining them. Unfortunately, if you leave them open, they stack on top of each other. I went to build a stockpile because I figured it won't be possible to build a house without a stockpile, and the help window for the stockpile appeared. Unfortunately, it wasn't fully visible because it was stacked on top of two other already open help windows. I clicked away those other two, but the new window would stay where it was, only partially visible. There seems no way to drag the help windows to another location on screen, and unfortunately, I also couldn't close it because the X icon was in the invisible area. The only way to make the help window disappear was to click on "I don't like help". But now help is turned off, and I can't find an option to make it appear again. Thus, I can't tell how the stockpiles work.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Angelo
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 11:53:30 am »

I don't know if you'll read this, but I've started re-writing the game on XNA. This has literally untied my hands in many ways, as with Game Maker I had to work around many limitations. That said, almost nothing from that old demo will stay the same. Expect a more robust demo in the near future.

Thanks for the message!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum